Sunday, August 17, 2008

Art with our Moon

So, finally I have collected enough new Moon optical illusions to justify posting them as a collection. Individually posting each one, wouldn't make sense any more. Agree? Even though the idea isn't something we haven't already seen before (through relative sizes category), still each photo uses the Moon as an illusion in a slightly different manner. If my memory serves me correctly, the first illusion of this kind that made me "wooow" was The Man holding a Sun. Afterwards, they just kept coming. While I was writing this article, I came to a conclusion how I subconsciously choose the illusions I post. If my method interests you, just keep reading - First and most important ingredient is the illusion itself. If the optical illusion isn't obvious enough, no matter how cool the photo is, I won't publish it. After all, this website is entirely dedicated to illusions. Now if the illusion itself is good enough, I look at the picture (or photo) as a whole. It has to be visually keen, or plainly - look nice. In the end, I try to choose among illusions that are original enough, but weren't already posted in every corner of the internet. Sometimes the illusion itself is so awesome or new that it (rightfully) overrides my other criteria, and sometimes just the artistic touch or the coolness of the photo override the first (illusion) criteria. Here, now you have it... Please share your thoughts. Advices are always welcome.